Appeals / Administrative Hearings
This page provides information to OCERS Members, Employers, interested parties, and their attorneys regarding the process for appealing a disability retirement decision by the OCERS Disability Committee or a non-disability benefit determination decision by OCERS staff.
On June 1, 2018, the OCERS Board Policy “Adjudication Policy and Administrative Hearing Rules (Disability and Non-Disability Benefits)” became effective. This policy defines how the OCERS Board of Retirement adjudicates decisions on both Disability and Non-Disability benefit matters. This policy supersedes the “OCERS Board Policy Administrative Hearing Procedures,” except in matters where the Request for Administrative Hearing was served prior to June 1, which continue to be governed under the “old” Administrative Hearing Rules.
Governing Policies and Procedures
- Adjudication Policy and Administrative Hearing Rules (Disability and Non-Disability Benefits)
- Administrative Hearing – Filing Procedures (OAP)
- Administrative Hearing Procedures, Board Policy (only applicable to administrative hearings filed before June 1, 2018)
Other Documents Relevant to the Administrative Hearing Procedure
- Hearing Officer Selection and Retention Policy
- Disability Committee Charter
- Disability Application Review Process
Administrative Hearing Forms
- Request for Administrative Hearing
- Notice of Appearance by an Attorney/Substitution of Attorney
- Consent to Electronic Service
File a Document in an Administrative Hearing
To file a document in an Administrative Hearing an e-mail is preferred. E-mail: email@example.com. Include in the subject line the case number and the title of the document. The document may also be mailed or dropped off at our office.
Contact OCERS’ Clerk of the Hearing Officers
To contact the Clerk of the Hearing Officers, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents on this web page are meant to provide members and others with information about the OCERS Administrative Hearing Process. These documents are not meant to be legal advice. OCERS cannot provide legal advice or assistance with drafting legal documents. Members and others who require legal or financial advice are advised to consult an appropriate professional.